How do you know that you have High Blood Pressure?
- High blood pressure often doesn't have any symptoms
- unusually strong headache,
- chest pain,
- difficulty in breathing, or tiredness.
- Hypertension is usually diagnosed by a health care professional during a routine checkup.
- If you have any of above symptoms, check your Blood pressure.
- Also, it is very important that once diagnosed you should visit your doctor on a regular basis.
Is High Blood Pressure treatable?
- No, but can be controlled using medicines and lifestyle modifications
Do all Patients require medications?
- Treatment of hypertension usually involves lifestyle changes
- Patients who are not controlled by lifestyle changes need to take medicines
What can you do to prevent High Blood Pressure?
- Adopting a Healthy Lifestyle:
- Reducing weight if you are overweight
- Quitting smoking & Avoiding alcohol
- Eating healthy diet, which is high in fruits, vegetables, protein and whole grains and low in salt & fats
- Regular exercise like walking
- Practicing Relaxation techniques, breathing techniques, Yoga or meditation to relieve stress